19 Mar Kansas Medical Center COVID-19 Statement
Kansas Medical Center is closely following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Kansas Department of Environment and Health (KDHE) updates and following all guidelines and recommendations.
If you need medical attention, Kansas Medical Center, as always, is here and ready to help.
What to expect upon arrival:
- There are only 2 entrances that are available to enter. The Front Main Entrance (5:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.) and the Emergency Department Entrance (Open 24/7).
- Staff, visitors, and patients are all screened with a temperature check and travel history questions.
- If anyone has a fever above 100.4 or has recently traveled to the high-risk areas, they will be asked to not enter the building and either go home and self-quarantine or be screened in our Emergency Department.
- Only one visitor in the hospital per patient. No one under 12 years of age is allowed in the hospital unless seeking medical attention.
Please remember to:
- Avoid close contact with people including shaking hands and hugs
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when you are sick except to get medical care
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
If any questions, please call (316) 300-4000.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this ever-evolving situation. We are here to help!